As you probably remember, last month we celebrated the achievement of getting 1001 followers at Pinterest. Today we are glad to announce a new milestone: 555 followers at Twitter, a social network that we update on daily basis(7,300 tweets and counting). So we want to thank your support once more, as none of this would be possible without you.
Are you one of our Twitter followers? What do you like more of our activity at this platform? Which topics do you think we should focus on? Which contents would you like to find?
And if you are not following us yet… what are you waiting for? Wait no more and join our Twitter community, you can find us at @Decimononic!
You will probably recognize Lamb’s sound due to the enormous success of two hit singles: ‘Górecki’ and ‘Gabriel’.
Lamb’s core members are Andy Barlow and Lou Rhodes, although the band has welcomed through the years bassist Jon Thorne, guitarist Oddur Mar Runnarson and drummer Nikolaj Bjerre. They started operating in Manchester (UK), but their music has been associated with the Bristol-based trip hop sound so popular during the 1990s. Always with a strong vocal element, their musical signature is a mixture of styles like jazz, dubstep and drum and bass.
I see Irene working hard everyday. I see her working at her desk, at the jeweler’s bench, on the computer. I see her trying to make the most of her talent to come with unique creations. Every day.
I see this and I feel admiration and gratitude, yes.
I respect deeply her efforts to develop a voice of her own, a voice that reflects her singularity as individual. She is in the pursue of a dream. And, I admit it, I am proud of working by her side on this quest.
We are on a mission of empowerment, manufacturing objects conceived to remind you that you are a unique person.
Irene is unique. She has mastered the skills to turn metal and stones into beauty, she has the ability to make visible the invisible. You are unique too and, naturally, you have your own talents. Irene has an extraordinary power. You too.
Dare to vindicate yourself. Be Singular. Join us.
The Space where Discourse, Singularity and Quality meet
Some months ago Irene and I joined the Asociación Joyas de Autor (Jewels d’Auteur Association). We took that decision because we consider that the fine jewelry pieces we create in accordance with Decimononic’s principles fit the features of identity inherent in Jewelry d’Auteur according to this non-profit organization.
Thus, a Jewel d’Auteur:
- Has been conceived and designed in the development of a creative project with its own discourse and it is frequently endorsed by the use of the name of its creator as trademark. In this way, a jewel d’auteur is a piece of jewelry ‘with full name’.
- Has been manufactured with handmade or semi-handmade processes, never mass-produced, with an emphasis on unique pieces and short series.
- Is normally made of precious metals and gems. Nonetheless, this does not imply the complete exclusion of other materials. The key is that the concept of jewelry d’auteur is synonymous with utmost quality, in terms of its materials and finishes as well as its usability.
We are aware that the traditional jewelry industry hardly gives space for this kind of proposals, while in the world of contemporary jewelry it is rarely welcome either; the latter considers Jewels d’Auteur too classical, the former too experimental. Nevertheless, we are convinced that there is a place for Jewelry d’Auteur and therefore it is time for us to vindicate ourselves.
Jewelry d’Auteur matters
We have three reasons to make this statement:
- We believe in the relevance or our personal discourse and we are not willing to attach strings to our creativity.
- We believe in the beauty of singularity and we are not willing to give up on craftmanship.
- We believe in the importance of quality, both of materials and finishes, and we refuse to give up on the pursuit of perfection.
We, like all the members of the association, create Jewelry d’Auteur by choice. The important thing is not if we are 10, 100 or 1000 people, but what really matters is the very thing that binds us: we take pride in creating fine jewels with a proper name.