Being well into December as we are, it seems that this may be a good moment to weight up 2012. Judging by the achieved milestones, all we can say is that this year has been awesome for us.
1.- Milestones achieved in 2012
Decimononic has continued to grow in depth and meaning. Our experimental endeavour has been expressed in collaborations with different artists and, naturally, in the form of jewelry. The presentation of collections such as ‘Tempus Fugit’, ‘Raj’ or ‘Air Pirates!’ has helped us to broaden our horizons and build our own creative discourse:
- Our research activity goes on, with iniciatives like our series of brief interviews entitled ‘Steampunk jewelry tonight with…’ started in January, which has received a warm welcome by the international Steampunk community, or our visual approach to the existing relationship between Steampunk and Haute Couture.
- Amazing collaborations: designers such as Alassie from El Costurero Real, multidisciplinary artists like Viveka Goyanes (Amoelbarroco), photographers such as Marco Fernandez, Gala Martínez from 274km, etc.
- Besides, we have participated in the celebration of EuroSteam 2012, doing our bit to develop the European and Spanish Steampunk scene.
- Some of our designs are being displayed right now in the exhibition ‘Steampunk: futures that never were’ at MIBA Museum (Barcelona). There is no need to say that this is a great recognition and we feel very grateful.
- Decimononic has been included in The Steampunk Museum website, featuring individual profiles for Irene and I. All we can do is to thank Kevin Steil and wish him the best of luck for this project.
2.- Goals for 2013
Naturally this blog post would not be complete without a few words on our expectations for the next year. We have high hopes for 2013, as we hope it to be a year of consolidation.
In the creative field, we look forward to extending the existing jewelry collections and developing two or three more. For this purpose, Irene is willing to learn some new techniques and put them into practice in these new designs. We may even take our first steps in the 3D printing universe… this looks very promising!
If we come to speak about our research activity, we intend to give continuity to our brief interviews series, the jewelry curiosities blog posts and some new informational articles about jewelry and our main inspiration sources.
And, above all, to remain faithfull to our Vision: pioneering singularity. We are counting on you to give shape to this exciting project!
3.- Decimononic jewelry pieces: 2012 selection video
As a ‘grand finale’, we are pleased to share with you this video with our selection of 2012 jewelry pieces. If you like it, feel free to let us know!
Photo and video by Decimononic crew. Additional credits and special thanks to:
· Second 32 ·
Photo and editing – Fantasy Workshop | Barcelona 11/11/2012: Rebeca Saray | Model: Rachel Kleines Schaf | MUA: Alassie | Styling: El Costurero Real and Felix Googles | Fine jewelry: Decimononic | Atrezzo: Felix Googles and La Cámara del alquimista | Assistants: Juanma Zombie & Carlos Galant
·Second 42 and 123·
Photo and editing: Marco Fernández | Fine jewelry and modelling: Decimononic | Wardrobe: Decimononic and Loita Underground
·Second 57 and 78·
AMOELBARROCO & DECIMONONIC
Modelling, make-up, stylling and scenery: Amoelbarroco | Photo and fine jewelry: Decimononic
Photo and editing: Gala Martínez – 274km | Model: Danu López | MUA: Alassie | Wardrobe: El Costurero Real | Scenery and accesories: Felix Goggles | Fine Jewelry: Decimononic
Photo and editing – Fantasy Workshop | Barcelona 11/11/2012: Gina Roma Photography | Model: Danu Lopez | MUA: Sofia Sicilia Gomez & Alassie | Wardrobe: El Costurero Real | Atrezzo: Felix Googles and La Cámara del Alquimista | Fine jewelry: Decimononic | Assistants: Juanma Zoombie & Carlos Galant
Latest posts by JF Alfaya (see all)
- Preview of the Metropolis Collection by Decimononic at Madrid Joya 2014 - 29/09/2014
- Words of Singularity – Coco Chanel - 26/09/2014
- 1001 followers at Pinterest - 08/09/2014