On 1st June we published a blog post dedicated to the Aurea Mediocritas series of Juan Manuel Molleví, an astonishing gallery of small invertebrates transformed into vulgar utensils with a baroque-Steampunk feeling.
This blog post included a micro-interview with Juan Manuel, who mentioned a new project: Bestiario de Aves.
– You have recently presented a new line of work influenced by this retrofuturism too, combining a modern look with rococo and Steampunk aesthetics. What should we expect from it?
– This new line, which I have named Bestiario de Aves, I think it has much to offer yet, I just fell in love when I saw the rapid acceptance it had as a result of working with my model Javier Gomez, so I plan to continue exploiting it. Following this “story” of the birds, which for the moment it is formed by a self portrait and Javier, I want to make it grow with a new addition, this time a girl, possibly trapped in a cage playing with some birds. Everything will follow a very trendy and elegant style mixed with classic Rococo voluptuousness.
We could not help but think that Decimononic’s jewelry would suit like a glove this new line of work… and you can judge by yourself today: this new image of the Bestiario de Aves gallery features our jewelry. We hope you like it as much as we do!
We could add more detail images to this blog post, but we want you to visit Entre la Idea y el Milagro (Juan Manuel’s website) in order to enjoy this stuff in high-res and have a look at its labourious making-of process. Besides, all the images of this series are available for your delight at Entre la Idea y el Milagro.
Irene and I want to thank Juan Manuel for this incredible opportunity to let Decimononic be a part of the success of his Bestiario de Aves series, there is no need to say that we hope to collaborate again in the near future!
Latest posts by JF Alfaya (see all)
- Amazing Steampunk-inspired fine jewelers # Steampunk Hands Around the World 2017 - 06/02/2017
- Back to the circular economy idea: The Earth Circle - 03/02/2017
- Singular Events: Steam Garden 8 - 21/02/2016