Is it 31st December? Where did 2013 go! Certainly our end-of-year balance cannot wait any more, so here we go with the achievements of this year. As we did in 2012, we are pleased to share with you our past accomplishments and future projects.
1.- Milestones achieved in 2013
The last 12 months have been plenty of valuable experiences and accomplished goals.
1.1.- Our jewels
- After three years of development, our Steampunk-inspired jewels have been gathered in a single collection: the Machinarium Collection.
- The first piece of our Planchettes Collection, the Vigilat Planchette, was officially presented in May.
1.2.- Acknowledgements and exhibitions
- A selection of our pieces has been featured at the Steampunk Expo in Oshkosh (Wisconsin, USA) and the Sky Captain set of jewelry for gentlemen was nominated for the Steampunk Chronicle Reader’s Choice Awards.
- We have been exhibitors at Wave Gotik Treffen (Leipzig, Germany).
- Selected pieces of our Machinarium Collection are going to be available at Laura Marquez’s Gallery until February (Madrid, Spain).
1.4.- Singular News
Our website has been re-designed. Although this is a work on progress yet -especially in the backoffice, the results are satisfactory enough to consider this well done.
Regarding our editorial line (greatly assisted by a new collaborator, the amazing copywriter Hema Rishi):
- An introductory blog post about Steamgoth has been released, with remarkable success: Steamgoth in a nutshell. In addition, the small Steamgoth community we administrate at G+grows steadily.
- Twelve additional interviews have been published this year within the ‘Steampunk jewelry tonight with…’ series. After two years of monthly publishing, we feel that it is time to take a break and focus on new working lines. In any case, some goodies will be released in 2014… stay tuned!
Besides, the second half or this year has brought some new post series:
- A Singular Sountrack, featuring Jordan Reyne, Unwoman, Garmarna, Spiky, The Parlour Trick, Duncan Evans and Cocorosie.
- Singular Fashion Revelations, featuring Alex London, Bibian Blue and The Imaginarium Apparel.
- Ambassadors of Singularity, featuring Viktoria Modesta and Rick Genest (aka Zombie Boy).
2.- Goals for 2014
Do you wonder what do we have in mind for the coming year? Go on reading to satisfy your curiosity:
- We look forward to launch a brand new collection in the second half of 2014. However, you will not have to wait so long to see new jewelry pieces because we aim to extend our Planchettes Collection with a new sterling silver planchette in the next months.
- Naturally we will be creating relevant contents and developing the ongoing series of blog posts and nurturing our community of kindred spirits. Facebook, Twitter or G+ are not new, but we have been pleasantly surprised with the impact of our activity at Pinterest.
- And, as always, remain faithfull to our Vision: pioneering singularity.
Believe us when we say that 2014 is going to bring some exciting news. Are you ready to join us?
3.- Video: The Machinarium Collection
As a final point we would like to recover this simple video dedicated to the Machinarium Collection. Enjoy it!
Latest posts by JF Alfaya (see all)
- Welcome, Never Was Lounge! - 24/05/2020
- ‘Diesel City’ by Stefan Prohaczka - 19/04/2020
- Decimononic participates in The Mystery Box creative challenge 2019 - 01/08/2019