This blog post has a double purpose:
- First, recommend you this excellent presentation about Steampunk by Marcus Rauchfuß.
- Second, express our gratitude to Marcus for his continuous support.
Marcus dedicated one of his podcasts to his lecturing experience at TU Dormund (Technische Universität Dortmund, Germany) in June 2013. As you probably know, he is one of the most active members of the Steampunk community, both in Germany and abroad: events organizer (as promoter of EuroSteamCon), blogger (some days ago we could celebrate the fifth anniversary of The Traveler’s Steampunk Blog, which we have previously recommended), author (Steampunk – kurz & geek, The Gatehouse Gazette, etc.). If you want to learn more about Marcus, you can simply read his profile at The Steampunk Museum and this interview of our brief interviews’ series ‘Steampunk jewelry tonight with…’.
We think that Marcus made a great work with this lecture due to its wide scope and comprehensive approach to Steampunk as artistic trend, global community and emergent influence in the modern world. The Spanish Steampunk scene is mentioned due to its growth and activity, including an image of Decimononic’s cufflinks as example of Steampunk-inspired creation. The slides presentation, that includes an awesome video, offers an invaluable summary of Marcus’ lecture.
It seems that the academic environment cannot remain aloof to this phenomena, something we find extremely positive for the development of Steampunk.
Latest posts by JF Alfaya (see all)
- Amazing Steampunk-inspired fine jewelers # Steampunk Hands Around the World 2017 - 06/02/2017
- Back to the circular economy idea: The Earth Circle - 03/02/2017
- Singular Events: Steam Garden 8 - 21/02/2016