Fifteen years ago I bought the album ‘Diabolical Streak‘ from Projekt, the independent label shop. That was my travel ticket to the world of Jill Tracy and I have not looked back since then.
As the official bio goes, ‘Jill Tracy is a San Francisco-based singer/pianist/storyteller and “musical evocateur” who has garnered multiple awards and a passionate following for her beautifully chilling cinematic music, sophisticated lyrics, old-world glamour, and curious passion for strange tales’.
From my point of view, Jill Tracy is the diva of the dark cabaret genre. Her ‘musical seances’ are legendary, she has performed life in places like the haunting Mütter Museum and ‘Evil night together’, precisely a song extracted from ‘Diabolical Streak’, was featured in ‘The Final Symphony’ of Dexter (the successful serial killer drama series, yes).
‘Pulling your insides out’ is a very special music video for many reasons and one of them is that it was partially funded through a crowdsourcing campaign on KickStarter we had the pleasure to back. Feel free to learn more about it through this behind-the-scenes peek and video interview.
- Shot on location in New York City and Red Hook, Brooklyn (during an actual thunder and lightning storm).
- Directed, shot and edited by Jeremy Carr.
- Makeup Artist Maeri Hedstrom.
- Production: Dawn Fidrick, Corey Boutilier, James Moles.
- Words and music by Jill Tracy
Latest posts by JF Alfaya (see all)
- Welcome, Never Was Lounge! - 24/05/2020
- ‘Diesel City’ by Stefan Prohaczka - 19/04/2020
- Decimononic participates in The Mystery Box creative challenge 2019 - 01/08/2019