The Circuncelion project began with Igor Mesmer in the spring of 2004, as a side project to his band Addiction. This Basque artist wanted to distance himself from the more conventional musical lenguange in order to develop what he called ‘sound visions’. Eschara was the result, a conceptual work based on his own impression arising from a number of images and testimonies from the Spanish civil war, forming a work of 9 instrumental symphonic arrangements.
Circuncelion’s second album, Carved In Waters, was released in 2010 featuring not only Igor, but also artist and classical pianist Romina Perez. Begotten Forgotten, the third album of the band, is a true masterpiece. 46 minutes of enchanment, melancholy and haunting beauty. ‘To one dead’ is just one example of this, demonstrating that Circuncelion’s music is comparable to the compositions of many of the most prestigious darkwave and ethereal groups.
Begotten Forgotten technical details:
- Recorded, mixed and produced by Igor Mesmer at Lighthouse Studios between September and December 2014. Released 4th April 2015.
- Mastered by Elias Saura.
- All instruments and programming by Igor Mesmer, except the Dream Gamelan Piano on ‘As Mist That Forsakes The Morass’ by Romina Pérez.
- Cover artwork ‘Awakening’ by Anja Stiegler.
- Video by Juan Cruz Hoces & Igor Mesmer.
For further information: official Facebook page.
And now… enjoy!
Latest posts by JF Alfaya (see all)
- Welcome, Never Was Lounge! - 24/05/2020
- ‘Diesel City’ by Stefan Prohaczka - 19/04/2020
- Decimononic participates in The Mystery Box creative challenge 2019 - 01/08/2019