In May 2013 we shared with you our thoughts regarding Steampunk Chronicle Reader’s Choice Awards 2013 and, following the tenets of Steampunk Hands Around the World, we cannot deny that we would love to see these Awards become an evidence of the international reach and creativity of the Steampunk Community.
At this point you probably know that the Nominations Phase for the Steampunk Chronicle Reader’s Choice Awards 2014 is open (until 28th February). The top three nominees, as determined by the number of unique nominations they receive, will move on to become finalists during the voting phase. Like before, categories with no nominations do not make it to the voting phase.
As usual, after the Nomination Phase will come the Voting Phase (from 15th March 15 to 12th April) and winners will be announced on 26th April (as part of Steampunk Empire Symposium).
There are 40 new categories this year and we have to say, as Wilhelmina Frame told us in advance last December, our request to create a ‘Best Jewelry Designer’ category has been considered! There is no need to say that, after advocating for the creation of the perfect category for Decimononic, wouldn’t it be lovely to see us win it?
Remember, we would love to see these awards become representative of the talent and creativity of the global Steampunk Community. For this reason we are pleased to share with you some gifted artists worthy to get discovered (with special emphasis on Spanish maestros). We all need your support, nominate us now!
SP Chronicle Reader’s Choice Awards 2014.- International Steampunk artists you might have in mind!
- Best Band? Thy Last Drop
- Best solo musician? Jordan Reyne
- Best podcast? Non-Euclidean Æthercast by Marcus R. Gilman (aka Traveler)
- Best music video? Crimson Oath by Duendelirium
- Best personality (Real Person)? Kevin Steil (aka Airship Ambassador), promoter of Steampunk hands around the world.
- Album of the year? ’13 Tales’ by Duendelirium
- Best Photographer? Rebeca Saray
- Best Website? The Gatehouse
- Best Steampunk Video Game? The Order 1886
- Best Steampunk RPG or LARP? Brumas del Alba
- Best Fiction? Lendaria by Josué Ramos
- Best Artist/Illustrator? Sam Van Olffen
- Best Web Comic? Boston Metaphysical Society from Madeleine Holly-Rosing
- Best Steampunk Periodical? El Investigador
- Best Steampunk Script? MADLAB by Janacek Jadehierro
- Best Use of Lights? Art Donovan Design
- Best Goggles? Factoría Goggles
- Best Weaponry? Dr. Pek’s Skool from MonsterFX
- Best Maker Group? Apparition Abolishers
- Best Maker Individual? Rafa Maya from Diarment Creations
- Best Designer – non-US? Alassie from El Costurero Real
- Best Costume – Group? Darksteam (France)
- Best Jewelry Designer? Decimononic (that’s us, yes) thanks to the Machinarium Collection. If you like the mosaic of this blog post, shortened url as follows: http://bit.ly/1lODmEJ
- Best Non-US Based Convention? Eurosteam Convention
- Best Themed Cafe or Bar? Ithilien (Chaphinería, Spain)
- Most Steampunk Location? London (UK)
- Best Politically-Minded Steampunk? Diana M. Pho from Beyond Victoriana
- Best Multicultural Steampunk? Suna Dasi from Steampunk India
- Best City for Steampunk? Oamaru (New Zealand)
Reminder.- Do you want to see our efforts acknowledged? Do you think that our Machinarium Collection has not been equaled? Nominate us now! Thank you so much for your support throughout these years, this is an amazing adventure.
Latest posts by JF Alfaya (see all)
- Welcome, Never Was Lounge! - 24/05/2020
- ‘Diesel City’ by Stefan Prohaczka - 19/04/2020
- Decimononic participates in The Mystery Box creative challenge 2019 - 01/08/2019
Leave a Reply